THE BORING PART!
PRIVACY & TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WHO ARE WE AND WHAT IS OUR APPROACH TO YOUR PRIVACY?
HOW ARE WE PROTECTING YOUR DATA?
For the purposes of data protection this policy refers to the 1998 Data Protection Act until 25th May 2018 and thereafter the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent, and successor, legislation.
WE WANT YOU TO KNOW WHAT WE’RE COMMITTED TO PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
We collect the minimum amount of information about you which helps us provide you with a satisfactory service. This may include personal details or details about your order. We want you to know that the use of this website gives us the right to collect that information, but importantly gives you the option to opt out at any time.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect any or all of the information that you give us depending on the type of transaction you enter into. This may include the following –
• When you purchase from us at and collect, personal information such as including your name, address, telephone number, date of birth and email address and items ordered.
• If you set up an online account with us, we will also store your password.
• If you sign up to receive our email newsletter, we will request and store your email address.
• VB and third-party providers of advertisement may also collect information regarding your visit to This may include where you are geographically, how you were referred to us (e.g. search engines or email marketing), your browser and device type, the pages you viewed, the duration of your visit and any search terms used. This information may be collected even if you do not register an account with us.
• Other information that may be needed from time to time to process a request may also be collected as indicated on the website.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the information collected primarily to make your shopping experience as fun and easy as possible. We may use your information in the following ways –
• From time to time we may want you to know about special offers and promotions we’re running, so we may use your registered information to send marketing messages via mobile phone or e-mail services. You can opt out of marketing emails and SMS messages at any time.
• We use your information so that we can successfully process your order which includes delivery, payment and returns.
• Our online account holders require an email address and password to access their account so that you can order all of your glam styles.
• We may also use demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests to improve our services.
• We take fraud very seriously, so the information helps us assist in its detection and prevention.
• Our Courier Service has selected access to your details for delivery purposes only.
Data collected in the UK is held in accordance with the Data Protection Act. All reasonable precautions are taken to prevent unauthorised access to this information. This safeguard may require you to provide additional forms of identity should you wish to obtain information about your account details.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER AND WHY DO WE CONTACT YOU?
We think of our customers as our friends, so we want to know everything about what you like and what you aren’t as keen on. We also want you to be the first to know about every exciting development at VB! So why are we contacting you, or using your information?
• We may use the information to improve our products and services. We only want you to have the BEST time when shopping with us.
• If you have signed up for our newsletters, we contact you to update you about exciting new product launches, sales and offers which are exclusive to our subscriber list. You can opt out of marketing emails at any time.
• When you make a purchase online, we will contact you by email to notify you of updates to your order.
• We may also contact you about leaving reviews for products once you have received your order.
• If successful when entering any of our amazing competitions or prize draws we will contact you by email to notify you.
• For items being delivered by our courier, the courier company will send you an email or a text message with a delivery update if you provided a valid phone number and email address when you placed the order.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
DO WE SHARE ANY OF THIS INFORMATION?
• We do not disclose any personal information obtained about you from this website to third parties except when we need to do so in order to complete the transaction – e.g. when arranging for a courier company to deliver goods that you have ordered.
• We may also use the information to keep in contact with you and inform you of exciting developments associated with our business.
• You will be given the opportunity to remove yourself from any mailing list or similar device. If at any time in the future we should wish to disclose information collected on this website to any third party, it would only be with your knowledge and consent.
• We may from time to time provide information of a general nature to third parties, for example, the number of individuals visiting our website or completing a registration form, but we will not use any information that could identify those individuals.
DO WE USE ANY INFORMATION FOR MARKETING PURPOSES?
We want to show you more of the things you love, which is why we use the following marketing tools –
We love social media here at VB which is why we use it to broadcast messages and updates about products and news. We love chatting to you on there, so on occasion we may reply to comments or questions you make to us on social media platforms. You may also see adverts from us on social media that are tailored to your interests. Depending on your settings or the privacy policies social media and messaging services like Facebook, and Instagram you might give third parties permission to access information from those accounts or services.
VB uses remarketing tracking cookies and conversion pixels from vendors such as Google and, Facebook to present special offers to you for our products or services over the Google Content Network and via social networks. This means you may see an ad for one of our products or services as a result of visiting our website. In addition, VB uses custom audiences based on emails of subscribers and customers. This allows us to present special offers for our products to you via Facebook and Instagram. However, your personally identifiable information is not used by any remarketing service other than to present special offers from us. If you want to opt out of any of these, you can do so by contacting us at any time
HOW CAN I UNSUBSCRIBE FROM MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS?
We want you to have as much control over your personal information as possible, so we want you to know that you can do this in the following ways –
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for marketing purposes.
• If you have previously signed up to our email newsletters and want to unsubscribe at any point click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email or log into your account to change your preferences.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Your Internet browser has the in-built facility for storing small files- "cookies" - that hold information which allows a website to recognise your account. Our website takes advantage of this facility to enhance your experience. You have the ability to prevent your computer from accepting cookies but, if you do, certain functionality on the website may be impaired.
• We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used.
• This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
• We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
LIST OF COOKIES WE COLLECT
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
COOKIE NAMECOOKIE DESCRIPTION
CARTThe association with your shopping cart.
CATEGORY_INFOStores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
COMPAREThe items that you have in the Compare Products list.
CURRENCYYour preferred currency.
CUSTOMERAn encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
CUSTOMER_AUTHAn indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
CUSTOMER_INFOAn encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDSStores the Customer Segment ID.
EXTERNAL_NO_CACHEA flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
FRONTENDYou session ID on the server.
GUEST-VIEWAllows guests to edit their orders.
LAST_CATEGORYThe last category you visited.
LAST_PRODUCTThe most recent product you have viewed.
NEWMESSAGEIndicates whether a new message has been received.
NO_CACHEIndicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CARTA link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
POLLThe ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
POLLNInformation on what polls you have voted on.
RECENTLYCOMPAREDThe items that you have recently compared.
CUSTOMER_AUTHAn indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
STFInformation on products you have emailed to friends.
STOREThe store view or language you have selected.
VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDSThe products that you have recently viewed.
WISHLISTAn encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites which we think you may be interested in. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over what you may see on these other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
WANT TO CONTACT US?
You have the following rights related to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of personal information held about you
• The right to request that inaccuracies be corrected
• The right to request us to stop processing your personal data
• The right to withdraw consent
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
COMPETITION Ts & Cs
The promoter is: Voodoo Boutique Ourlet Ltd
2.The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 13 years or over except employees of Voodoo Boutique Ourlet and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition
2a By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via pinned to the top of our Facebook social media page..
Only one entry will be accepted per person.
Closing date for entry will be 25/12/20017 when the competition winner is announced. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted 6
.No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
ENTER VIA OUR FACEBOOK SOCIAL MEDIA PAGE (THE FIRST PINNED POST)
7 – LIKE THE POST
8 – SHARE THE POST TO YOUR TIMELINE
9 – COMMENT ‘WIN’ ON THE POSTS COMMENTS AREA
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows:
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. 1 X Winner will be chosen:
14. The winner will be notified by social media, there name will be tagged on the post. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
19. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
20. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date
21. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Some additional Terms and Conditions which you might wish to include if relevant:
Voodoo will judge the competition and decide on the winner each week, which will be picked at random from all complete entries
Voodoo ‘s decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
The entrant must be following @Voodoo Boutique Outlet on Facebook in order to enter.
Voodoo shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
Voodoo also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
PROMOTION CODE T&Cs
All Promotional codes are subject to be removed at any given time even if they are advertised on our social media pages / flyers. Minimum spend on all promo codes is £20 in order for discount to apply.